– What’s like your favorite song to cover? – I think it’s the stuff
that they’re not expecting. I’m the last of six kids. Mom and Dad had their different tastes. So yeah, you’re gonna hear. You’re gonna hear George Strait. You’re gonna hear Haggard. But you’re also gonna hear: ♪ Sittin’ in the morning sun ♪ ♪ Hey ♪ ♪ I’ll be sittin’ when the evening comes ♪ You know, you get to sing
“Sittin’ on the Dock of the Bay.” (crowd cheers) – How does he? – You get to do anything you want. So you can do: (guitar intro) And everybody knows this intro. Right?
– Yes. So you get to do Seger. That’s Seger, right, you know? ♪ I was a little too tall ♪ ♪ Could’ve used a few pounds ♪ ♪ Tight pants points hardly renown ♪ So as a country artist, they’re really surprised to hear these kind of things – I love that you’re like so… (crowd laughs with Garth) That was like my favorite
part of your show. I was like, that’s not easy for everyone, like what just happened just the milliseconds that you just went in and out of character like literally the Meryl Streep of music. It was like so crazy, but– – It was fun ’cause you
got to, you got to do the James Taylor ♪ Just yesterday morning ♪ ♪ They let me know you were gone ♪ Right? – Yes. – So that lick, that
famous James Taylor riff. (plays guitar lick) I’ve ripped it off a thousand times. It’s stuff that we do, right? (Kelly laughs with crowd) – We call that inspired. – (laughs) Like ♪ I will sail my vessel ♪ ♪ Til the river runs dry ♪ – Ooh! Oh my god I never even knew that! – Right, there’s the lick. – Yes!
– Yes. – So, okay, my favorite
cover was part of the, it’s Fresh Horses album, right? You did To Make You Feel My Love? – Ooh.
– So here’s the thing: I just recently did that
song on the show, right? With Ben Platt. But here’s the funny thing. He knew of that song because of Bob Dylan. I had no idea that Bob Dylan
existed when I was a kid. Nobody around me listened to Bob Dylan, but I sure as hell knew your version. And I, and I thought it
was a Garth Brooks song, like until I was 20. – But it was so sweet ’cause the guys at Hope Floats, so Don Was–
– Oh, good movie, yeah. – Came out and talked
to us and really sweet. – Will you play some? – Sure.
– I mean, sure, okay. – Forgive the voice. ♪ When the rain is blowin’ in your face ♪ ♪ And the whole world is on your case ♪ ♪ I would offer you a warm embrace ♪ ♪ To make you feel my love ♪ ♪ When the evenin’ shadows
and the stars appear ♪ ♪ And there is no one to dry your tears ♪ ♪ I would hold you for a million years ♪ ♪ To make you feel my love ♪ – Okay I’m fine. (cheers) – Beautiful song, beautiful song. – If you would have told me like, – Very sweet, especially coming from you. – If you would have told me, as a kid, that that moment would have happened, I’m sorry, woo, I just can’t believe my life sometimes, and you’re just like
sitting here serenading. It’s fine.